Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ward Campout

We went to our ward campout this last weekend. It was a camping spot between Payson and Heber. The campout was Friday and Saturday but we went up Thursday. We got there to find several families came up early too and as even the night came more families kept showing up. Saturday night all the families were there and we had a fireside around the fire. The Bishop had us talk about family traditions as our ward campouts have come fun traditions for us. We had a blast that evening staying up late playing some games with other adults in the ward. The next morning we had a breakfast and played volleyball. My favorite part of it all is getting to know people in my ward better. Each Sunday and activity you only have so much time to talk and get to know each other so camping together really give you a chance to talk and become better friends. I left feeling good about the relationships that were made stronger. Even with Hayden he had a blast playing with all the kids and getting to know them a lot better too. This camping trip has built up my testimony. I know we are meant to live where we do. We at first never wanted to move to Queen Creek but had a strong feeling to. Selling our house was a risk in this bad market but it sold pretty fast, we love our new house, we love the neighborhood and we love our ward. This ward, neighborhood and community is awesome at caring for one another and I feel blessed to be around it all and raise my kids here. When I think about this community and all that's involved I feel the Spirit so strongly and I am so glad we moved here.




















1 comment:

Kaltaler Korner said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your campout. We have ours next month. I hope everyone will have the same thoughts you have!!