Sunday, August 10, 2008

Emmie's 5 day visit

It was time for another visit with Emmie but this time we got a long one. Her foster family had to leave town for a funeral. So she got permission from the caseworker to just let us keep her while they were out of town. So it worked out nice for us. We got her Wednesday and we will take her back tomorrow (Monday.) I tried to spend a lot of time at home so she could get used to our house. She seems to feel comfortable in our house. She loves the playroom and all the toys and she loves our pool. She slept great each night and just fussed a little for naps. She is so easy going, her and Hayden get along great, and she is such a sweet little girl. One of the first things I did when she was here is get out the toddler toys. Late last year I put away the toddler toys, things that were Hayden's but he out grew. She loved those toys so much and Hayden actually loved playing with them too with her.





One day my mom and I took the kids shopping at Gilbert San Tan Mall. We just went to the kids stores. She wanted to get Emmie a Build A Bear. So she got a bunny. Hayden helped her with the process and in the meantime a Batman outfit caught his eye. He wanted it so bad and he already has a bear so my mom bought him the Batman outfit. It was very cute and Hayden loves any Super Hero. Hayden has a Batman outfit for himself too so when we got home we took pictures.










Saturday we had some running around to do. I told Aaron I wanted to go to a few stores to look for some more stuff for Emmie. We have been slowly buying her all the things she needs. We went to Toys R Us because a friend said they were having a clearance on toys and clothes. I got her some cute pajamas and shorts for pretty cheap. And as I was glancing at some toys I saw this cute stroller. I didn't plan on getting her toys since we had so much already but this was so cute and she loved it from the moment she saw it. She loves pushing it all around the house and telling the baby shhhh.





New Jammies

4 comments:

The Lowes said...

I love the batman, well both of them actually. Emmie definitely looks comfortable in her jammies and in your home.

Shelley & Scott said...

how fun. are you dying? i had such a hard time leaving joey and jake after their visits. i just wanted to take them home and not bring them back. luckily we only had 2 visits within a week before they were home with us because of some very extuniating circumstances or i probably would've gone crazy. patience is not one of my virtues. so when is her actual move in day?

Class and Sass said...

She is such a cutie! I am so happy she is going to be a part of her family!

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

I just found your blog through Leannes! I love your pictures! It is so fun to catch up with friends and family!