Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Grandpa Morris's Funeral

Grandpa Morris's funeral was Saturday, August 2nd. It was emotional but very spiritual. The services were good. The talks were very nice and the music was amazing. The Morris family is very musically talented and for some reason I wasn't blessed with that talent. My part of the funeral was making the program. It was more work then I imaged but in the end I was also happy to do them and happy they turned out good. After the funeral we proceeded to the grave site. My brothers and cousins were the Casket Bearers. My grandpa was a long time home pigeon flyer and he also had white pigeons that were used in the Mesa Temple's Easter pageant each year. So we thought it would be a nice thing to let go some white pigeons at the grave site. My uncle Jay let 13 white pigeons go for the 13 kids that were in my grandpa's family. I was snapping pictures as they flew off and trying to take in the moment while crying. I know my grandpa would have loved that we did that for him.









Hayden and Karlee trying to call the pigeons back


Grandma with her kids







Grandpa was layed to rest next to his brother Olie and sister-in-law Renee. A rose from grandpa's casket was placed on their grave.




What funeral program read

Remembering....
Tink

Born
September 10, 1926
Moncks Corner, South Carolina

Died
July 29, 2008
Queen Creek, Arizona



Funeral Services
Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 10:00 a.m.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Gilbert Val Vista Stake Center

FAMILY PRAYER Jay Morris
PRESIDING President Ernest Lawes
CONDUCTING Bishop Robert Topol
ORGANIST Stephen Phelps
CHORISTER Diana Ellsworth
OPENING HYMN “Families Can Be Together Forever”
INVOCATION Randy Morris
MUSICAL NUMBER “Abide With Me” Morris Family
LIFE STORY Ladonna Tafoya, Becky Orona, Sara Ray
MUSICAL NUMBER “When I Get To Where I Am Going” Robbie Morris & Cinda Rohan
SPEAKER Mark Poulsen
CLOSING REMARKS President Ernest Lawes
CLOSING HYMN "How Great Thou Art" Morris Nephews
BENEDICTION Wallace Morris



Casket Bearers
Tim Morris
Myron Morris
Kenny Morris
Brent Fuller
Mikey Morris
Ryan Fuller
Robbie Morris

Honorary Casket Bearers
Wallace Morris Osborne Morris
John Morris Jim Morris
Wendell Morris Andrew Tafoya
Mike Orona Charles Hall
Aaron Ray Adam Ray
Quinn Snyder Forest Anton
Elgin Yaramata Terry Fuller
Bill Rohan Lonnie Morris
Randy Morris Jay Morris

Final Resting Place
City of Mesa Cemetery
1212 North Center Street
Mesa, Arizona

Dedication of the grave
Lonnie Morris

Tink’s Posterity
19 Grandchildren
35 ½ Great Grandchildren

1 comment:

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

You did such a good job with all the pictures! I am sure that was hard with everything going on! Thanks for taking the time to send them to everyone too =)!!