Monday, January 31, 2011

Sew in Love

A year ago me and my sister split the cost of a sewing machine. We both wanted one but didn't need one for many things and since we live by each other we figured we could share one pretty easily. Well, since we have bought it the machine has been at her house. If I needed something done I would just have her do it for me. Well, I ended up taking it the other day and I can't stop sewing. At first I fixed somethings that needed to be fixed then I went to trying simple projects. Its been so fun and almost every day I look for something else to try. I saw this pillow on a blog and had the idea to put this cute heart on a shirt. I found a stained shirt of Emmie's then found a piece of fabric that I had that matched and put this together. I folded the fabric in half and cut it into a heart.
I laid 2 hearts on the shirt so when it was done it would fray more. I sewed 6 lines down the heart.
Then I cut the fabric all the way up between stitches. After more washes it will fray more. To get it to fray a little for now I sprayed the heart with water and threw it in the dryer for 20 minutes. When Emmie got home from preschool I had her try it on, she loved it.


Here is the blog I got the idea from http://amerooniedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/faux-chenille-valentine-pillow.html

2 comments: