Thursday, July 17, 2008

Possible adoption for us

In May we heard about this one year old girl who was eligible for adoption. The foster mom caring for her is one of Aaron's clients. So we asked her how could we possibly adopt her. We started to talk to the case worker and nothing was getting done. So here it is July and the little girl got a new case worker and its going pretty good now. We talk by email a few times a week and they are going through all the proper steps and paper work. So its looking pretty good for us that we might get to adopt her. I didn't want to say much before because if it doesn't work you have to explain over and over why it didn't work. I hate to speak too soon but I would love for people to know so we can have some prayers out there to help us through this. I can't see why this wouldn't work but we are hoping for a good, nice, easy process and also a process that this little girl will adjust to easily and that our son Hayden will adjust to also. Even though he tells us daily he wants a brother or sister we know this is more then he realizes and probably even more then we realize. We are used to one kid so this will be a change for us too but one we are excited to make.

What we know about this girl.....she is 16 months old. She is half Hispanic and half Caucasian , she had drugs in her system when born but isn't showing any bad signs of it. They said she could have minor potential needs. She possibly may need speech therapy when she is a little older. Overall she is a good little girl who just needs a family and lots of love. The caseworker told me today....
She appears to be a wonderful child, and I believe she would thrive in the placement. The transition into your home could be expedited as she can be seen as a significant other. I would estimate a month with overnight visits in your home. She will need to reside in the home for months before a petition to adopt can be filed. You can also apply for adoption subsidy to cover legal fees.
By the way when she says she would need to reside in our home for months before adoption can be filed, she means it takes months to finalize adoption. Just like when we got Hayden he was ours but we couldn't finalize the adoption for awhile in which once finalized we can then bless her and then be sealed to her. I will keep you all posted!

5 comments:

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

Oh how exciting..I will keep you in our prayers! Keep us posted!

The Lowes said...

This is wonderful news, I'm glad you shared it with us so we can pray for the Lord's hand to guide you and the case worker. I can't wait to meet her! PS Aaron and I planned a pool party at your house today! The only thing we didn't plan is the day. :)

The Hermyzoo! said...

Tami~ I am so glad to hear that things are moving forward for you. You have been on my mind and in my prayers alot. YIPPY!!!! You deserve another little spirit running around your home. You guys are a beautiful family, you have so much love to offer, and so much to share. I look forward to following your journey!

Myron and Heather said...

That is awsome!! I hope everything works out. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Apryl said...

so great Tami! u r definately in our prayers!