Friday, July 11, 2008

Crazy rainy night

I love when it rains at night. I love the sound but last night was a little different for me. Not only was it raining so loud that it made me nervous something was being destroyed in my yard but we had a guest in our back yard that was really loud and bothered us all night. We had a frog! And those who know me know I am scared of frogs. Before going to bed Aaron said I should come look outside because our pool was full of water, over flooding with water where it was poring from our pool decking to our back porch. It was crazy. So we went out side where Aaron swept some of the water to the grass area and I snap shots of our flooded back yard and pool.







Well maybe a half hour later we were in bed saying our goodnights and I heard a weird sound. It sounded like a snore. We were confused and as we walked around the house I thought it was coming from outside. Once we opened the back door it was twice as loud. It sounded like a duck. Aaron grabbed his flashlight walking past the frog that was sitting there making this crazy loud noise. So we knew Hayden would love to see it and he was sleeping so I told Aaron to record it for him.








Then at one point he jumped in our pool, swam around and got in the cave of our rock slide which then the echo made the croaking even louder. After awhile we went to bed and I could hear him croaking all night. It was crazy but a funny night I will remember and Hayden loved watching the frog clip when he woke up.

7 comments:

THE MORRIS FAMILY said...

That is one crazy sounding FROG!! Too funny! Holden was frog hunting in our yard this morning..he found 3 frogs!

Class and Sass said...

Cute!!! We have a frog family that is currently living on our porch!

The Lowes said...

that is crazy! Is the frog still there today?

Myron and Heather said...

That storm was crazy! I love the monsoons!Lacey would have loved to see that frog ,she loves frogs:)

Apryl said...

very very funny! that tiny little frog! remember once when I was little, we found about 30 frogs in & around our pool after a monsoon. We (NOT being afraid of frogs) had a ton of fun with them, kept them as pets for quite a while til my mom put her foot down. Very cute pic at the top of your blog with Haden & the dogs..absolutely adorable! Miss u!

Lauren Howell said...

I think that frog hopped the fence because he was in our yard last night! That frog gets around! :)

Lisa said...

How funny, I've never heard a frog sound like that! I forgot that you're afraid of them. lol