Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gilbert Temple Open House

We took the kids to the Gilbert Temple Open House this morning. When scheduling our tour I really wanted to do it for my children. I knew I could go in anytime after the dedication but they couldn't until they were older. On the drive there we talked about the temple the whole time and how special it is that we got to go in together today. We have been blessed to be able to go in the Mesa temple several times due to our adoption sealings but I told them today may be their last time in until they are older so I told them to really soak it all in. As we walked in each room my kids were in awe and loved everything about it. I felt so good because of how much they loved each thing and talked about how they were going to be apart of all this one day. The temple is so beautiful inside you never want to leave. The kids even talked about how they wanted a lot of the things inside in our own home. Every time I go to the temple it really feels like Heaven on earth. Today was no exception. I know Heaven will be filled with loved ones. Today as we took our tour we saw lots of people we know. Our tour guide was my friends dad, and as we turned every corner and went in every room we saw someone we knew and they greeted us with excitement and love. And my kids loved seeing all these familiar faces too. Seeing all these people in this beautiful place really helped me feel the Spirit and feel God's love for me. There is no place on earth like the temple.




No comments: