Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our Maui Trip

A few years ago we knew our 10 year wedding anniversary was coming up and we wanted to do something fun. So we talked about different vacations we wanted to take. We ended up choosing Hawaii. The last time we went was for our honeymoon. This time we went to Maui. We loved this trip for some many reasons. We had a great time and really enjoyed being alone. We missed our kids so much but it was nice to go alone because we never get to hang out together like this. These last few years every vacation has been for or with the kids.

We arrived in Maui after a 6 1/2 hour flight and went straight to our rental car area. Before we even left we picked out a regular car and while we were waiting to be helped I saw several convertibles. I kept telling Aaron look at those, that would be so fun. When we got to the counter we asked what it would cost to upgrade. We didn't like the price so we said no. Then the guy gave us a lower price so we did it. I am so glad we did. Of all places for a convertible I would say Hawaii is one of the most perfect places to drive one. Everything is half inside and outside. Most public places (even the airport) is half outside. Everything is open to the outside it seems. I love it! When we drove around we really enjoyed having that convertible!

This is Aaron driving to the other side of the island towards our hotel. We couldn't believe how close the water was to the roads. It was so pretty.




When we walked into our hotel I was in awe. It was so pretty. I loved the plants, how close the ocean was. As we were checking in I walked around for a minute. I thought I saw a penguin but wasn't sure. I then asked the lady at the desk "You have Penguins?" I was shocked when she said yes. The lobby has several pretty bird and plants. I loved just hanging around the hotel. It was so pretty, relaxing and the ocean was right there!

Penguin
Standing in the lobby taking a picture of the ocean
View from our room, I am standing on our balcony taking this picture. I could move here!

see the swans in the middle?



We thought this was so weird in our room. These snacks in our hotel room have a sensor, if you even pick one up it automatically gets charged to our room. Thank goodness the kids weren't there.

Driving to dinner I couldn't believe still how close the ocean was to the roads
driving on front street
1st dinner in Maui. Loved the view! I loved hanging out on front street.






Here are some other pictures I took through out the trip around our hotel and driving around.









walking to the hotel's pool

where we ate breakfast each day
swans at our hotel

walking to the pool


Flamingos at our hotel



our room is up there
headed to the pool

I am standing in front of the pool taking these pictures of the ocean


The pool was sooooo big! There was so many parts to it, here are some.

Aaron with sun shining on his head
Me in the pool
Popeye who lives in the lobby
R2D2 lives in the lobby
pineapple growing

Penguins

Playing on the beach in front of our hotel






This crab kept playing with me. He would hide and then watch everything I did. He did this for about an hour. It was funny.

I loved the black and brown sand. It was so pretty.




Aaron almost wiped out by a wave. He fell 3 times already and was getting mad at me for laughing.


2 crabs now


One night we went to this pizza place that was recommended to us. We decided to get Hawaiian. It was so good!
Flower on the left means your married or taken
I would find these flowers all over, they smelled so good.


little birds I would sneak food to during breakfast each morningAaron and I fell in love with POG juice. They served it with breakfast each morning and sold it everywhere in Maui. POG stands for Passion, Orange and Guava juice.
Little baby Gecko on our balcony

No comments: