Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Special Delivery Snow

From our house you could really see all the snow on the mountains. Once I showed Hayden he really wanted to go play in it. I told him we couldn't because it was tax season and Aaron was too busy to take any trips like that right now. Later on I found him in his room sitting on his bed with a sad look on his face. I asked him what was wrong, it didn't look like he was throwing a fit or anything he seemed really sad about something. He said he just really wanted to play in snow. I told him again why he couldn't right now and then I went into the other room and called my Aunt Cinda who lives up north. I knew she was coming this weekend so I asked her to bring some snow for Hayden in an ice chest and I would surprise him. Well my sister Sara was up there visiting her and said she could try to bring some since she had a truck. She said the snow falling filled up half of the bed of her truck and before she left she topped it off with a shovel from the snow on the ground. As she traveled home it was melting fast, the truck bed was full and maybe 1/4 was left when she got here. But she came over anyway to drop it off. Hayden was excited and surprised! THANK YOU SARA!!!


Hayden starting a snowball fight with Sara....he lost!
Right when Sara was done dropping the snow off my neighbors kids (The Nortons) were just getting home from school. So Hayden ran down to them to tell them we had snow. They came over and played with Hayden. This pile last over an hour and a half with all the kids constantly throwing snowballs at each other. It didn't seem like a lot but it did last a lot longer then we thought.






Hayden and Sage building snowmen

1 comment:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

What a fun time. How great is that that Sara was able to do that for Hayden. It must be great to have a sister.