Thursday, January 1, 2009

Favorite plants

As I was in the front yard a few days ago letting the kids play outside I noticed how our front yard plants were looking pretty colorful. I thought the pair tree and a few plants looked pretty so I grabbed the camera to take some shots.


This is a pear tree but it doesn't grow pears. We had one of these at our 1st house and we really liked it and told our landscapers we wanted one again. One thing we liked about it was it always changed with the season which is rare to find in AZ. In the spring it gets little white flowers all over it and in the winter the leaves change to yellow.


I have no clue what this plant is called but my landscapers picked it out and said I would like it. They said it gets these little berries on them and changes colors too with the seasons. In the fall they were orange and in the winter they are red. I think they are green in the spring. They planted two of these right by the pillars of our entry way and I just really like them. They add a nice look to our yard.




I also don't know what this one is called either but I love the color on these too. We have about 4 planted around the yard.

No comments: