Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Big Day for Emmie!

Emmie ate with a fork! Sometimes Emmie can't do the simplest things. Sometimes I don't think she was ever taught how and when we try to show her she gets so upset that she shuts down. Today she seemed to be in a happy mood so I thought I would teach her. She was having fun with it. I am glad I tried it with her today. I grabbed my cell phone and recorded a small clip so I could send it to Aaron.


When we got Emmie she was pretty behind on everything. She is still struggling with a lot of things. She can't talk but she is doing a lot more babbling, baby talk and noises now. She just started Occupational therapy on Mondays to get her on track with the every day things a 2 year old should be able to do. She will start Developmental therapy on Wednesdays and she still needs speech therapy but I am waiting for that therapist to call and tell me her schedule. So we are going to be busy with that for awhile but she needs it and I am excited to see how she grows in the next year. The good thing is these therapist come to our home, that makes a huge difference.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

That is so awesome!! Go Emmie!!! That is a huge step for her. I know, it really can be overwhelming to have all the therapies, but it is for a great cause. Emmie will catch on with everything in time. Just remember that even though the therapist may not be there all the time....but you will, and you can help her just as much as the therapists. Let me know if there is anything you need help with.

Unknown said...

That is great news!!! Good job Emmie! Tami, I love that picture of your family at the top. SOOOOO cute!

Malissa said...

That's so exciting! We have a friend who adopted a 3 yr old, and she was really behind...hardly talked...didn't know what to do with the simplest of things. But they started the therapy and after like 6 months, you wouldn't really know she was ever behind! It's amazing what they do for these little sweet people!!

Lisa said...

Yay Emmie! I'm glad to hear she's doing better, what a cutie she is!

The Tenneys said...

Good Job Emmie!! It wont be long and she will be all caught up.