Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update on our Family with Emmie


I keep getting asked..."Is this final, do you get to keep her?" And then I get asked "How is she adjusting and how do her and Hayden get along?"

Well 1st off she is living with us but the case worker said to have her live with us about 5-6 days a week for a little while, which means we take her back to her foster home a day or two during the week. Emmie has Doctor appointments and speech therapy once a week so it works out anyway taking her back to the home. We are hoping very soon that everything will be in our name so we can take her to her appointments and that she will be here all the time with us. Once she is in our home full time it takes about 6 months to finalize the adoption. Which means we go to court in front of a judge and he announces us her parents. We then will legally change her name, we are listed as her parents on her birth certificate and then she can be sealed to us in the Temple.

And second she is adjusting pretty well. Last week was kind of hard. She was into everything, fussing a lot and Aaron and I were even struggling a little and feeling overwhelmed. I could feel the stress coming on and I knew we needed to adjust our lives a little better. We were used to one child and he could do a lot for himself. So I had to get my mind back into it and get myself on a better schedule. This week has been so much better then last week. She is super happy and always having fun. Her and Hayden play very well together. When she gets into something and Hayden tells her no is the only time her and Hayden will argue. She doesn't really talk and should be talking a little for her age but she is starting to really babble and will even wave and say "Hi DaDa!" and she listens pretty good. She understands if I want her to go grab something or put something away. So things are moving along pretty smoothly around here and I pray she will continue to grow and be healthy and develop a loving family bond with us soon.

I have been really trying to spend less time doing things that I don't have to do and really spend time with the kids and playing with them. Things I should be doing anyway. And now that the weather is nice we love to go out side for walks. I have also been talking lots of pictures of the everyday things because I know one day we will look back to this as the time we got Emmie and she became apart of our lives and I want to have a lot of pictures to show her and for us to remember back.









No comments: