Saturday, October 25, 2008

Emmie's Baby Shower

My wonderful ward threw me a baby shower Thursday night. I did invite some family and friends to come too. The Relief Society president planned it and with help from some sisters they gave me a great shower. A lot went into the dinner and it was so good! Cameron Perkins (my visiting teacher) was so nice to have it at her house. I am so thankful for all who came and participate in it. It was a sweet way to welcome Emmie into the family and ward!

This is Emmie and I before the shower. She is all dressed up for her party.







At the Shower





Opening gifts







Emmie loved all the gifts but she also loved all the gifts bags, she thought they were purses.






Emmie couldn't wait to play with each toy!



My sister really surprised me with this. I had no clue she would do anything like this. She made Emmie a dress up trunk and inside the trunk she made her 2 tutu's, some bows to match the tutu's, cute tights, and more. She told me she went to several Goodwills in search of an old trunk and then once she found one she painted it to match Emmie's room. Its was a great surprise and Emmie will really enjoy this gift for years.




Once we got home and before I put Emmie to bed I wanted to take her picture in one of the tutu's. The black one really matched her outfit she was wearing that night. She looked so cute. I want to get more pictures of her wearing the other dress up stuff.

3 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

I love Emmie's shoes and outfit that she wore for the shower, they are so cute where did you find them? That trunk is so neat! I love the dress up stuff. Does Emmie think the are pretty cool?

Shelley & Scott said...

wow! how fun for you guys. that was so nice of them. i could've used one of those when i got two boys that showed up with absolutely nothing. no diapers, wipes, sippy cups, bottles, clothes, toys, nothing! i love the trunk. what do i have to do to get on your sister's list for a tutu? so stinkin cute!

Tami Ray said...

I got the outfit at Marshalls and the shoes at Target. I thought they were cute too! Shelley I told Sara you wanted a tutu. :)