Friday, October 10, 2008

I voted!

I Voted Pictures, Images and Photos
We got our early ballot and we voted. It feels good to be done and now I just sit back and hope people make the right choice. I have never been so scared before when it comes to elections, I am worried what this world is coming to. Last night while eating dinner at a restaurant I heard these peoples conversation sitting near us and they were talking pretty bad and ripping on the things we believe in and want for this Country. All I could do is feel bad for our kids and other future generations and what this world is turning into. It makes me rethink bringing a child into this world, maybe I am just supposed to adopt children and help those kids live a better life. I saw this quote a little while back and now its become something I think about daily.

Adopting one child won't change the world;
but for that child, the world will change.

3 comments:

Justin McClure said...

Yeah, it is very scary about what is going to happen to our country. Our economy is free falling and it looks like we are going to have a terrible time keeping Obama out of office. We would be voting now, but we got to Utah too late to register for early voting.

Lacey said...

We should not despair for the promises in the Book of Mormon are true! It says that this land will be preserved if there is at least one faithful person in it. I of course can't remember the scripture sitings and am too tired now to look it up. But, the promise is in there! (I think before 3 Nephi somewhere.) There are still so many good people in this country. Just yesterday two individuals were forwardly kind to me while I was shopping with Alex. I was pleasantly surprised. Ofcourse I do live in Utah now, but that is just more of a testament of how the gospel is true and encourages people to be better. It is getting to the point where the good and the bad are becoming more and more seperate and extreme, but the good is still there. I am starting to think, the way some people are so rebelious, decietful and nonocaring, that they chose the bad road and well....we told 'em so! I suppose that is not very nice, but those who reject the gospel I think are getting more purposeful. For example, the Lamanites in the Book of Mormon were rebelious because of their fathers teachings, and were a little more receptive to the spirit than the Nephites who converted to the Lamanites, (can't remember their names either...I'm so bad), who purposfully chose that way with the intention in their hearts so they were more spiteful. I think the bad people are getting more like the Nephites who converted to the Lamanites. So, they are more spiteful, rebelious, and vocal about it....but there is still the good out there too!!! Do not despair...our children are our treasure, adopted or otherwise, the gems of our hearts. And to be able to take in a child and love it as if you gave birth to it is a great gift indeed! You are changing the world every day. Keep up the good work!

Lacey

The Lowes said...

Ditto and I love that quote!