Thursday, October 16, 2008

The AZ State Fair


Almost every year of my life I have gone to the AZ State Fair. I loved it as a kid and now that I am an adult with kids I have taken Hayden each year and took Emmie for the 1st time. I love the rides, the animals, the shopping and the best part is the food! My favorite is the Indian Fry bread and deep fried cheese. Everyone thinks I am gross for getting the deep fried cheese but its to die for! Every year we pick a day to go that most people in the family can go too. Wednesday nights are the best because its dollar rides and I find that to be the best deal, the rides can be so expensive on a normal night.


One of the 1st things we did (after eating fry bread) is watch this little show. It was called Monkeys riding dogs. They would come out like they are racing. They didn't really race the dogs just walked around but the monkeys were so cute it was fun to watch and the kids loved it.





Tea cups




Crazy boat ride!



We all love this ride. It has a name but we call it Superman because its like we get to fly like Superman. They also have a bigger version for just adults that we went on later. Its so fun!




Karlee and Hayden loving all the kid rides!





The AZ state fair has one of the best petting zoo's. They have the coolest animals that you never find in a petting zoo anywhere else. I was petting animals you usually only see in far away areas at other zoos. These animals were so sweet too.

This little camel was so sweet and cute. I loved her face, she had the cutest face.

Bigger camel.



The giraffe wouldn't come to me so I could pet it.



Adam, Hayden and Karlee


Emmie just loved this ride. It was bouncing us all around and she was cracking up. I felt like Tommy Boy and I was singing "Fat guy in a little coat."


My mom, dad and grammy would take all the kids on the carousel, I think we went like 2 times.

Me making sure Emmie holds on



Fair food is the BEST!!!!


Those of us brave enough to go on the swings!

Just getting into our seats....we are getting nervous!
That's me in the middle. Ooh my Gosh! We are so high up there and it was weird to feel so open and not in a seat with bars over us holding us in. We just had a bar across our lap.
We are up there! And the swings went higher then this. Aaron took the picture when we were coming down the pole. The center that holds all the swings goes up and down that center pole.


Bumper cars....Family Favorite!

3 comments:

The Lowes said...

Tami,
I'm disappointed that you don't have a picture of the wave ride? What's up with that???

Class and Sass said...

LOL!!! I had sooo much fun that night! I am so glad that is one of our traditions!

The Lowes said...

Oh my goodness, NO I didn't even notice! I blew the pic up but I only looked at your family because you were all together. hehe. My parents don't look so thrilled to be watching that show. lol Just for old times sake we should ditch our kiddos and hit the fair as couples! We can show are boys what the fair is all about!