Sunday, September 21, 2008

Update on Emmie and her room

This Thursday Aaron and I will attend a meeting for Emmie. They said we will get to adopt her in their last meeting but now we are just following the process steps. At this meeting we find out more about Emmie's case and get to ask questions about the process. One question I am asking is when does she get to move in! It should be soon.

So this last week we had a tax client come over and do some painting in our house. He painted the playroom, kids bathroom and most wanted....Emmie's room. He did a good job and I am happy with the way it turned out. I saw it online on Pottery Barn kids and one reason I like it is because it has the 2 colors and where they meet those scallops blend it together without needing to add something to it like a border or chair railing. So it saves some money and gives it a fun look. Once her furniture is placed where we want it I might add some knobs on some of the scallops so we can hang things from them. Here is her room after being painted.

2 comments:

The Norton Family said...

The room looks so cute, how fun . hey thanks for the comment I finally checked it. This is fun thanks.

The Luthy Life said...

I love Emmie's room! I bet you are having a blast getting her room ready. When I visited your blog I fell in love with the song that was playing, I'm Yours. Hope you don't mind, but it's on my blog now too. Our adoption process is on hold (financial reasons). I would still love to get together with you. It's nice talking to someone who's been through the same trial. I always could use some help.