Sunday, September 7, 2008

Playing it Cool

Should I be worried? Starting about 6 months ago Hayden won't wear certain clothes unless he thinks they are "cool." He cries if I do his hair because he says its not "cool." He also will only wear his baseball caps sideways because he says its "cool." If I try to turn his cap back to normal he gets mad. He is only 3 and I have no clue who told him whats cool and whats not.

Hayden loves the dress up. He has lots of Super Hero dress up stuff, pirate stuff and so on. But this week Hayden came up to me and asked if he could take his shirt off while just playing around the house. I didn't care but then he came up to me with a action figure around his neck on a string like a necklace. He had his hat side ways and then said "Mom, take a picture of me I look cool." All I could do it laugh while grabbing the camera. He looked funny and when I was taking pictures he would even pose for the camera. After the pictures I laughed it off and didn't think of it again.

The next day he asked me again if he could take his shirt off. This time he found a necklace he got from a birthday party he went to, turned his hat sideways, and this time he had his toy GUNS! I was shocked! I laughed again and took some pictures but yet I was a little concerned. I was wondering where is he getting this from. He says its cool, but who is telling him this. I showed Aaron the pictures and he wasn't too happy. We asked him about this, and asked him why he is doing this and he said he just likes to dress up. The rest of the week he kind of just let it go but its so funny to me how kids do the funniest things sometimes. I still have no clue where this came from. I know its not the worst thing in the world but he is only 3. He is growing up too fast!

1 comment:

The Lowes said...

He has a good imagination. You shouldn't be worried at all. Kids pick up everything no matter where they hear it. TV, Music, other kids, adults.