Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's day

Mother's day started off earlier in the week with the kids giving me things they made in school. First was Emmie. She brought me home this cute wrapped gift and she was so excited to give it to me. She gave me a plant and she decorated the planter. It was so cute.




Hayden's preschool class invited their mom's to come to class for a Mother's day treat. When we got there the kids had cookies and punch for us. Hayden was excited to see me walk in the door and he already made me a plate of cookies and had me a place to sit down. There he had a few crafts for me. He was taking such good care of me it was so sweet. Before we left each kid said what they love about their mom. Hayden said he loves that I let him wash the dishes and that he loves to give me flowers. His class also sang us all a song that made me almost loose it, I had tears in my eyes. It was so sweet. The song was "I am like a flower that's raised with love by you. You help me grow up big and strong. Mom, thanks for all you do!"

Hayden's preschool class and their mom's (and one dad)
Hayden's picture he made me
This is all about me by Hayden. This thing is so wrong but so funny and sweet. I loved it!


Sunday was Mother's day and before church the kids were so excited to give me their gifts. Aaron took the kids shopping Thursday night for me...in some ways having the house to myself that evening was a gift too. :) But before church Paxton handed me the card they got me, Hayden handed me some chocolates, Emmie handed me my favorite chap stick and then Aaron gave me a gift bag from Coach. He got me Coach's new perfume I wanted. So they really got me some great things. At church Hayden sang during sacrament meeting with the other primary kids. They sang...I See My Mother Kneeling and Mother I Love You. It was sweet. At church Emmie colored me a flower and gave me some Hershey kisses that she actually wanted to keep, she didn't want to give those to me. And Hayden colored on a big heart and had a red rose for me saying why he loved me. After church we went to Grandma Ray's to visit with her and that night we went to Grandma Fuller's to visit with her. It was a nice day and Hayden kept making sure he behaved because it was Mother's day. I told him every day was going to be Mother's day so he would always be good but he didn't fall for it.

No comments: