Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gila Valley Temple Open House

We wanted to take our kids to the Gila Valley Temple open house. We drove to Thatcher there and back in one day but it wasn't that bad. On the way their you pass a very small town called Eden right before Pima. My great grandparents lived there, owned a store there and now are buried there. We wanted to check out the area and show our kids their graves. They thought it was pretty cool to see Eden and hear about some stories about their great great grandparents.

My great grandpa's old store


Right side- white circle barn is where they held church dances and President Kimball would go there

Left side- in those tree's is my great grandpa's old store




My great grandma's grave. This is my grandpa Fuller's mom. She died when he was young. I never met her but have always enjoyed stories about her and felt a bond with her. We have some things in common. One being our birthday is the same. Hayden's middle name is Wyatt like her maiden name.
Emmie and Hayden between my great grandparents graves





After Eden we went to lunch in Thatcher and then went to the Gila Valley temple. The tour was nice and it was so nice to sit in the celestial room with our kids. Even though we get to take them into the temple each time we get sealed when we adopt we don't get to sit in the celestial room. It was so pretty and peaceful. Its the best place on earth!







Shots I took of the Temple








Go to page 2 and look at the last picture.....Yep it's mine :) I sent them a few and I guess they chose to post this one. http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/gilavalley/gallery/

No comments: