Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hayden and no more training wheels

Last week Hayden begged me to take off his training wheels. I didn't even think he realized he had training wheels or what they even meant. I am thinking maybe he saw someone on tv talk about taking theirs off or a friend told him. I explained to him I didn't know how and that when daddy was done with tax season we will do it. So yesterday he reminded me he wanted them off again. I told Aaron about it. Aaron asked if I thought he was ready. Since Hayden was so excited about it I thought so plus his bike is short so I thought this would be the perfect bike to learn on. If he fell it wouldn't be far and his feet can easily reach the ground. So once we told him we were taking them off he was hugging us saying "Thank you! Thank you!" It was so funny to see how excited he was. So I made him wear his helmet and knee pads and Aaron helped him the 1st few times. Aaron held his neck and ran with him. Within minutes Hayden was doing it all by himself. He would start turning and stop so we told him to keep the wheel straight. So after about 15 minutes he was riding the whole street alone. He did so good and never fell off once. I was so proud of him and I am always proud to see how confident he is about doing new things. I wish I had his courage in my everyday life. Right now Hayden needs helps getting started on his bike but after we help him get going he does great. So the next thing we will work on is teaching him to get on and go by himself. After we went into the house he kept telling Aaron and I "Thank you so much for teaching me to ride my bike." It was cute!




No comments: