Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a great Easter this year! It started on Saturday (before Easter) we always have an Easter egg hunt with the Morris family. We always do it at the dessert but with the rain we held it at a church. One of my mom's cousins did this egg of my Grandpa who passed away last Summer. He loved always being with his family and this was our 1st Easter with out him.

We have two egg hunts...Plastic eggs full on Candy for the little kids and a second egg hunt with real eggs for the older kids and adults. There is always a lucky egg that's hidden really well and who ever find it wins money that everyone pitches in. This year Hayden won the kids lucky egg.

Everyone running out of the church to find the real eggs



The boundaries get smaller and smaller to find the lucky egg. Everyone is looking in this one small spot that's left. The egg was worth over $60, I never win it. It was buried in the ground.
Easter Sunday we went to church and I took pictures of the kids in their new Sunday clothes and Easter baskets.

















That evening we went to my parents for dinner. We also celebrated Austin's (my nephew) birthday. My mom did an egg hunt for the kids...they loved it!






Growing up my Grandma would buy Robbin Egg candy and put them in her grass by her trees when she knew we were coming over around Easter time and tell us an Easter bird laid the eggs. I always looked forward to it and loved finding those eggs to eat. My mom does it for our kids now. When the kids weren't around the Robbin Egg Candies got thrown in the grass and we told the kids they had to come see what was outside. They were so excited. They were stuffing their mouths and bags with the eggs.



2 comments:

Malissa said...

Looks like they have enough sudar for a year!! I love the robin egg idea...that's cute!!

Ashley said...

Those are pottery barn baskets!! My sister has those too for her kids. I need to order some.