Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Pageant 2005

When Hayden was about 3 months old he was baby Jesus for the AZ Temple Easter pageant. For the pageant they actually have a few babies play baby Jesus and switch nights so it isn't too much for the babies. So Hayden was it for 4 nights. Well one of the nights he did was what they call press night. They do the pageant like usual and allow photographers from the press anywhere on the stage to get good shots. I was excited Hayden got this night thinking there would be some great close ups done of him. Well, if there was I never saw them. I even asked my mom (who is assistant the director for years now) how do I get the pictures and she didn't know how. So for years I have wished for a picture. Some snapshots were taken from the grass from family watching but they weren't good pictures at all. So...recently I saw on facebook a group called I Love the Mesa Arizona Easter Pageant! I saw some pictures were posted by people who were allowed on the stage for press night. So I wrote a post asking if anyone took a picture of baby Jesus in 2005. Well, after a week I got a message saying someone did and he emailed it to me. Its not that great of a picture and he even said he was upset it didn't turn out but after years of wishing I had a picture to show Hayden someday I do now. So I am excited!

Hayden as baby Jesus during Mary's lullaby (Easter 2005)

2 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

How neat! I do miss the Easter Pageant. It is weird to be so far from a temple with living in Iowa, we don't even have one. Luckily Navuoo isn't too far away.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it. Such an amazing production.