Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring in our backyard

It was time to plant my spring garden so as I was cleaning out all the old plants. While doing that I found more carrots that I didn't even see from when I picked them last week. There is at least another meals worth. So I was happy to find these. I was shocked to see this really big one...I don't know how I missed that one.


This one didn't get the chance to grow all the way but I thought it was so cute...now that's a real baby carrot!
Comparing the biggest one to the smallest one. Both planted the same time....wow!


Here is my Spring garden just started. I did bell peppers, tomatoes, 2 different types of squash/zucchini, and cilantro. Only3/4 of the garden was used up but we will use the other part to plant cantaloupe soon.


Bell peppers already coming
These are thornless blackberries plants. A women in my ward had these for anyone in the ward who wanted them. This is a branch for a blackberry bush that grew real well from the area. Right now I have them in soil trying to get them to root and then I will plant them into the ground. I LOVE blackberries so I was so excited to hear she had these and really hope they grow well. I hope I don't mess it up. I won't see any berries this year but should next year and every year to come as long as I keep the plant. I put the pot in a small dog cage so the kids won't play with them.

I am so excited to see green grass again in our backyard. We didn't do winter grass so our grass has been yellow, dead and ugly for awhile so I am so glad to have our grass again!
My peach tree isn't growing very much but it has some very pretty flowers on it.
We have lots of blossoms on our 2 orange trees

We had one plant die around our pool so I planted this over the weekend. I loved the braided trunk and I love these flowers around our pool. It gives it a pretty tropical look.

2 comments:

Life at The Hadenfeldt's said...

That is a very nice looking plant. I wish I was as ambitious as you and planted a garden. I can't even blame it on living in AZ anymore, just laziness. There is nothing better than home grown stuff.

Justin McClure said...

Spring in AZ? It is already 90 degrees:) More like summer:)

We miss you guys.