Sunday, December 30, 2012

Brycen's Blankets

My friend runs a charity for her son Brycen who passed away a few years ago. It's called Brycen's Blankets and if you want to read more about it you can here http://brycensblankets.blogspot.com/

She is trying to collect 600 blankets for the Sandy Hook Elementary School Children. I recently went to Walmart and found some fleece ones in a bunch of cute prints for kids and they were less then $3 each, so we filled our cart to the top.  When I told my kids what it was for they got so excited to be able to help. They were so helpful when it came to finding different prints for boys and girls, helping me check out, getting them into the house and put into boxes, and they were so excited to deliver them to the Burrell's home.



 I was glad we were able to help them get closer to their goal (600 is a lot!) I hear they are doing pretty good at reaching their goal but still not quit there. If you would like to help either contact me or check out her blog above.

No comments: