Sunday, July 1, 2012

Morris Family Reunion

The 2nd Week of June we went camping at White River for the Morris family reunion. As always it was lots of fun and great spending time with our big Morris family.

 Most our days were spent right by the river, the kids could play there for hours and we loved to sit and relax by (or in) the cool river.


One day I took our dog Tike in the water for a bath. While I was washing him all the kids were standing around watching me, I looked up and this little water snake was just sitting in the water watching too. I screamed "Snake!" and ran out of the river. While I ran out, everyone screamed following me and I lost both of my shoes. They started to float down the river and Hayden was able to run and catch them. It was a harmless snake, but still a snake and I don't like them. My mom and Hayden ended up catching it and the kids played with it for a bit.


Chilling in and by the river







Cami and Hayden were catching Crawdads which we ended up eating some that night. I never thought I would but they didn't taste bad at all. They had the texture of lobster, just not as good and real small.











DIRT: the other popular playing spot!




Our last night there we let the kids have their own small kids fire


Packing up Paxton helped put the trailer up before driving off. This was our last year in this pop-up, we sold it a few weeks after getting back. We want to buy a real trailer next year.



No comments: