Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Skateboard Theme Room Project

I am planning on changing Hayden's room to a skateboard theme room. Looking online (mainly Pintrest) for ideas I would see Skater silhouettes on the wall as decals or framed pictures. I knew I could make my own picture by using Photoshop and I was going to find a skater silhouette to us and then it hit me, I should use a picture of Hayden. I thought it would be cool to have the skater be him on the wall.  Here is some of the ideas I found online


So I picked a picture out I took of Hayden recently dropping in on his skate board. Using Photoshop I cut out the shape of his body and his skateboard and under Hue/Saturation I changed the Lightness of his body to black.   Here is the BEFORE  


Here is the AFTER
I added a background and distressed it some. Right now I don't know what colors his room will be. I am trying to find a bed spread I like.  So once I purchase that the colors on this print may change but for now I have most the project done and ready to go once I get the colors figured out.  Then I need to decide....print it on canvas, make it a poster or frame it.

I think Hayden will find it exciting to have this print on his wall so he can tell everyone it is him. Plus its a nice keep sake.


Here is a great tutorial on how to make a silhouette on Photoshop if you want one

4 comments:

Maydays said...

SOOOO COOOL!!!!!

Apryl said...

Oh Luke would go crazy! super fun!

mindi said...

I love it! I wish I had your computer skills!!

Apryl said...

IF we ever get a house where Luke has his own room, you are SOOOO doing one of these for his room of him! I LOVE IT! You are soooo dang creative girlie!