Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hayden the Chipmunk

The other day we were driving in the car listening to the Chipmunk Christmas songs. Aaron and I loved those songs when we were kids and now our kids love those songs too. At Christmas time we listen to them a lot and all sing along. It hit me as we were driving and Dave in the song yells "ALVIN!" that sometimes I have to yell at Hayden like that too to get him to stop talking for one second and listen to me. I laughed and told Aaron, Hayden is Alvin. We started to compare all the ways they were alike and Hayden thought it was so funny. I loved watching the cartoon everyday when I got home from school and my kids love the 2 movies that came out in the last few years so we were all familiar what type of character Alvin was.

Through out the day I kept thinking of small ways they were alike and decided to look Alvin up online and compare.

This is from Wikipedia

Alvin Seville Main article: Alvin Seville (character)
Alvin is a roller coaster aficionado and the main protagonist of Alvin and the Chipmunks. His enthusiasm is boundless and his despair bottomless. The term look before you leap definitely doesn't apply to Alvin, who is impulsive, charming, musical, and full of animal magnetism. The character always seems to make up hare-brained schemes to get what his goal is at the time, whether it be trying to help his younger brothers, getting a date with Brittany, keeping Dave from figuring something out, or getting out of a sticky situation. However, Alvin seems to refer to his often illogical or crazy plans as "challenging the ordinary". Alvin's signature color is red, and he has blue eyes (although in the 2007 film Alvin and the Chipmunks, he has amber eyes.) On July 30, 2002, Alvin was #44 on TV Guide's list of top 50 best cartoon characters of all time.

To be funny I did this on Photoshop and showed Hayden. He just loved them.

No comments: