Friday, April 2, 2010

One night at the Easter Pageant

Even though I am at the pageant every night I don't take Emmie and only sometimes I take Hayden. But Wednesday Sara came with her kids and watched my kids while I was backstage. We went a few hours before the show started. The kids liked going through the visitor center and playing around on the temple grounds. Before the show started they got to meet some of the cast and they loved seeing the animals the most. My mom (who is the assistant to the director) brings the white doves each night (which are really white Pigeons) they use them in several parts. For years my grandpa would let the pageant use his homing pigeons and they fly home each night. Since my grandpa passed away my uncle takes care of them now.

As my mom walked up with the birds the kids got all excited.

The kids loved seeing the soilders but when it came to standing next to them Emmie and Jace were a little worried.

The kids also loved seeing the lambs


After Paxton's part I went and sat out front with Sara and the kids to watch the rest of the show. I love seeing the kids eyes light up when they see Christ.

No comments: