Saturday, March 20, 2010

Easter Pageant Practices

This week we have been at the pageant each night for dress rehearsals. Starting next week is the shows. It runs for 10 days and 2 of those are Spanish. So far having Paxton as Baby Jesus in the pageant has been a nice experience. How wonderful it is to be surrounded by great LDS people each night and feel the Spirit so strong. I can't sit there with out feeling a lump in my throat at least once fighting back tears. And I just love watching Paxton on stage as Mary's lullaby plays. It makes me feel so blessed to have Paxton in our lives and I can't forget how Heavenly Father is so gracious. As we sit backstage we are required to sit in our assigned groups. I sit with the Roman soldiers and a few other men and women. They are so kind and just love Paxton. The whole group loves to play with Paxton and help me with him. And when Hayden and Emmie have been around they just love them too. Hayden loves the soldiers because they let him wear their helmets, touch their swords, daggers and whips. One soldier even lets Hayden whip him in the back with him whip. He can't feel it but Hayden just thinks its the coolest thing.

I have been trying to capture pictures of all this but I can't use my flash and when I am then it is dusk and then dark. So most pictures are a little blurry. :( I have several nights of performance to keep trying for better pictures so I will keep trying.

Backstage



Hayden wearing Roman Soldier gear

Paxton on stage during the manger scene and Mary's Lullaby. I am behind the curtain trying to get a good shot.





The English shows will be March, 24, 25, 30, 31, and April 1, 2, 3 at 8pm

More info
http://www.easterpageant.org/

No comments: