Monday, February 8, 2010

Potty training Emmie

Emmie is almost 3 and I want her to be potty trained. It is day 3 and Emmie is doing really good with potty training. She has never seemed ready but Saturday we were home for most the day and I was bored so I thought I would try. Since she has delays and some sensory issues I wasn't sure if she could grasp going in the toilet, but she surprised me. If we are home she is perfect at it, outside of the home she has accidents but I know its normal and she is moving into the right direction. I motivated her with candy and Minnie Mouse panties and it seemed to work. She also has a book that does a flushing sound she likes. I bought it for her for when we potty trained her and it came in handy when she was sitting on the toilet at first because she would sit there for a long time before going. When she goes in the toilet now she is much faster and she gets so excited. I am hoping this is it!


No comments: