Monday, September 28, 2009

Bryce Canyon camping trip (day 3)

On day 3 of our camping trip we went to Bryce Canyon. We started at the visitor center. We watched a short film about the canyon and found out Mormon pioneers found it. A family with the last name Bryce lived near the canyon. When asked how he liked living by it he said "Its a hell of a place to lose a Cow." I thought that was so funny. While at the visitor center we bought Hayden a walking stick for the little hikes we would be doing all day. When ever we camp Hayden seems to always have a stick in his hand.


Hanging in visitor center



In the film we saw they showed Indians that lived here years ago. They would show them as ghost. So Hayden was scared we would see Indians. We thought it was funny but told him it was just pretend. He was excited to see this bow and arrow though.

















Look like this tree is walking into the canyon






Maddie (my cousins daughter) Hayden and Emmie





Deer were everywhere! When I saw these deer we pulled over and I walked up to them for a picture. They must be used to people.











This squirl was so funny. He would sit there for the crowd to check out and would come out and pose for pictures. We threw him a couple grapes and he ran.
















1 comment:

lenseigne said...

Hi, I found your blog when I googled images for 'after stitches face heal'... I was looking for ideas to get good healing results after stitches. My 6 yr old son fell off the high bar at recess and got 4 stitches right in the center of his forehead, and I've been worried at how that area will look the rest of his life, sorta silly of me! It looks like your son has healed really well, did you do/use anything special on his scars? It's been about 5 months since he got stitches, right? any advice is appreciated! Nice to 'meet' you!
-glenda :)