Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Skateboard themed magnet board

I am slowly decorating Hayden's new bedroom in a Skateboarding theme. I am just adding things here and there so its not crazy. I don't like when people pick a theme and buy everything in that theme. I like to add accents and use matching colors as the main decor. I still have a lot to do but I made this so I thought I would share in case anyone liked it and wanted to do it too. It was so easy and cheap.

Skateboard themed magnet board:
I used a square piece of sheet metal (cheap and light for hanging) Before we added stickers we laid it on the ground and walked on it to make it lay straight. This also gave it a rougher look.
Decorated it with Skateboard stickers. Hayden skates a lot at an indoor skate park and gets free stickers off and on, and occasionally I will buy him some for his board or helmet. To get some extras for this board I went on ebay and bought some in lots and it was pretty cheap. Hayden and I sat down together and added the stickers,  he loved this part of making it. I left room for more he may get later.
Hung it in his room.
I bought magnets on Etsy here http://www.etsy.com/shop/TakeTwoSkateShop?ref=pr_shop_more

They are Recycled Skateboard Deck Magnets. They are sold out in their Etsy store but I am sure you can ask them to make more and they will.


So now Hayden can hang his own papers and pictures on this board and not all over my fridge!

No comments: