Monday, June 13, 2011

Hayden's going to be ABC News!


UPDATE 6/13: Because of the NBA finals it didn't air last week but it will be on the 6:00 news this Thursday June 16th. It's on ABC 15.




While in California we took Hayden to a skate park. I recorded him skating there and posted it on Facebook. My aunt saw it and thought he did so good that she wrote ABC 15 and said Hayden should be on one of their segments they run called "Small Stars." When she told me I didn't even know what "Small Stars" was. A week later they wrote her saying they wanted to have Hayden on their show, they said they wanted to video him skating and interview him. So my aunt sent me the email and the guy from ABC news and I wrote each other back and fourth until we came up with a time and place. Last Saturday we met at the Queen Creek skate park. It went really good...Hayden skated around while he recorded him and then once he had enough recorded he interviewed Hayden. He asked him about skating, and what he liked about it, when he started skating and stuff like that. I was scared Hayden would get nervous and not want to do it when it came down to it but he did good.

It is suppose to air on Thursday June 9th, the 6:00pm news during the sports. It's called "Small Stars." Before its airs I will be reminding everyone :)

If you miss it or live out of State you can see it here after June 9th http://www.abc15.com/subindex/sports/local_sports/small_stars

While Hayden was being recorded I snapped a few pictures with my cell phone.





No comments: