Hayden recently made the change from Toddler bed to Big Boy bed (twin bed.) He loves it and is excited that he got to make this big change in his life....haha! It looks so cute in his sports room and I am glad I finally get to use the Pottery Barn bedding my cousin gave me awhile back that her son outgrew. Hayden's 1st night in bed he fell out but he was ok. He knows now to sleep close to the wall and he is doing better with that.
Poor Marlie got fixed today and she is so out of it. She also got the chip put in her so her neck is sore too. I have never seen her so calm, I am not used to it. She has to take it easy for a week so that will be interesting.
A tax client came in a few weeks ago and said he had some toys he wanted to get rid of, that he 1st tried to sell, and asked if Hayden would like them. I knew it was a battery operated car thing but I had no clue what he was going to bring. I was shocked to see him delivering at my house a nice battery operated Escalade with a real radio in it. And a nice battery operated Kawasaki motorcycle and then a big wheel. Hayden totally scored! He will have tons of fun with this stuff. We have a lot of great tax clients!
People have been asking what's the latest with our adoption stuff and to be honest....not much. We are in the middle of being certified. We did our fingerprints, physicals, and all the paperwork. We do have one home study to do and other then that we just wait now for them to call and say we are approved. Currently as we wait I am working on our Dear Birthmom letter which is a letter you turn in to the agency for the birthmoms to read. It helps them better understand who we are as a family. It sounds weird but it almost reminds me of a job resume. Also we are working on fundraiser's. We have our magazine fundraiser still open and the Pampered Chef fundraiser did pretty good. But that fundraiser is still going too. 2 people are having Pampered Chef parties this month for me and I get 30% of the sales. That will be added to our adoption fund. When I heard how much we would need to adopt at this agency we really want to use, I wanted to give up. But we decided to try help raise some of it with fundraiser's and we are doing ok with that. I am also always thinking of new ideas to help, we thought of maybe having a big garage sale where people donate stuff. If we do that, it will have to be after tax season. So for now we are just waiting, Aaron is working his butt off more this tax season trying to make more this year so we can afford to adopt through this agency, I am really trying to cut our spending of money and doing all I can to make this work. As soon as we are approved we could have a baby within weeks, we just have to be able to pay their price. We will see.......I pray the Lord will provide.
This has become a new family tradition for us. Ever since the Bahama Bucks has come to Queen Creek we have been addicted. The 1st time we went in a guy behind the counter offered Hayden a snow ball (some shaved ice) and then told Hayden to throw it at anyone he wanted. So now when we go there he asks for a snow ball as we leave. Then him and Aaron have a small snow ball fight outside. When we want to go there now we just say "who wants snow?" and of course we always do. They are so good and we always have fun with the snow ball fights. I guess this is the only way to do it when you live in this part of AZ.
We have read Hayden this book maybe 10 times and all of a sudden when we would read it he would say the words with us. So tonight when he did it again I thought I would record him. He is barely 3 and he is doing so good.
Hayden got a pirate ship awhile back but the weather has been so cold and since our backyard won't be landscaped until April its so muddy all the time. So today we took advantage of the nice weather and played pirates. It will be so nice to finish our yard in a few months. We couldn't landscape until the pool was done. So while he played I grabbed the camera. Then I had the idea to have him pose on our pools rock slide. I told him to pretend he is on an island. He loved it. I need to get him all dressed up in his whole pirate costume and take pictures on the rock. It would be cute.
I planted my fall garden back in October. My garden didn't do so great. I got some lettuce out of it but I am now just getting food from it that I can really use and eat. This is our first bunch of broccoli. After Hayden and I went to pick it we couldn't wait to try some. So we cut some up and cooked it. Hayden was begging for more. It was gooooood!
Hayden often asks "Is daddy at the office?" Its tax season and this is where Aaron is at least 12 hours a day. I don't know how Aaron does it. I work just Fridays and Saturdays and I get so tired and miss Hayden so much. I am glad Aaron is smart enough and strong enough to handle this work. At least its just a few months a year.
I was tagged! Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random things, facts, habits, and/or goals about yourself.
1. I am scared of birds, bugs or reptiles that move fast....like I don't like birds because they fly and they might touch me.
2. I love to pinch people ears, especially if they are cold ears
3. I am not that scared of heights but if I am on something tall, like a tall building I can't look up because I feel like I am going to pass out. So looking up scares me.
4. I was obsessed with Dan Majerle when I was a teen. My aunt found out where he lived when I was 18 so we drove by his house. We saw he had some garbage outside in bags so we stole 2 bags and went thru it when we got home. It was so funny.
5. My sister married my husbands brother. Aaron and I are the oldest kids in our families and Sara and Adam are our youngest siblings and they got married 4 years after meeting at our wedding. It makes my sister my sister-in-law.
6. I hate that I can't have a baby on my own but also feel lucky to be apart of the adoption process. If I had kids on my own I probably wouldn't have ever adopted.
7. When people see pictures of me as a kid they think I am one of the Olsen twins.
8. White trash people make me mad .........lol
9. When Hayden goes to bed before us (which is all the time) I miss him
10. I judge a book by its cover (book=everything) but I am usually right so I don't regret that I do that